Vehicle OBD2 Shield – Coming Soon!

Vehicle OBD2 Shield

Good news!

The first engineering samples are ready and we have started primary tests for the new OBD2 Arduino shield based on the STN1110 IC.

The STN110 is a multiprotocol OBD to UART interpreter IC. It provides an easy means of accessing vehicle data, including diagnostic trouble codes, MIL status, VIN, Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) information, In-use Performance Tracking (IPT), and hundreds of real-time parameters.

It is compatible with famous ELM327 commands but introduce many new great features.

Here you can see a comparison between the new STN1110 and classic ELM327. Link

Also the STN110 introduces new sleep mode functions for even lower power consumption for automotive applications.

The Vehicle OBD2 Arduino shield will fully support the OBDuino project.  Also a new arduino library will be available soon.

After testing with the engineering samples, the production stage will follow. So stay tuned!

6 Responses to “Vehicle OBD2 Shield – Coming Soon!”

1. Max WellerFebruary 20, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

Hi,

I’m interested in buying or building this shield you designed. When will it be available?

2. KostasFebruary 20, 2012 at 4:02 pm #

Hello,
    please send me an email to kostas sigalabs.com
    I have some pieces available.

3. HANKIENSTIENNovember 23, 2012 at 5:40 pm #

How can we get a hold of these, many people want to buy them! please keep us updated at my forum, and my email.

4. AlexNovember 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm #

hi…
    i’m also interested in buying / building such a shield for my arduino.
    please let me know when it will be available for puchase.

what about building up an arduino library – i assume that your’re in progress with it?

greetz from germany

alex

5. KostasNovember 28, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

Hello guys,
    i would like to inform you that a new big batch of these shields will be available in the following weeks.

There is a big interest in this shield, so we have improved the design, using the best available components.

@Alex, i am also developing a library so you will be able to immediately start playing with your vehicle and this shield :-)

Stay tuned!!

Thanks!

6. KostasJanuary 9, 2013 at 9:47 pm #

The shield is now available in our e-shop!