The Advanced GPRS Shield is based on the Simcom’s SIM900D module and has exceptional features while keeping the price low. We designed this board with remote data logging and control in mind. With robust design and a selection of high quality components from branded semiconductors just to make sure that this is a shield you can be proud of. The heart of Advanced GRPS shield is a Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz gsm module that delivers the latest technology in a small form factor and low power consumption.
Give to your Arduino board the possibility to make voice calls, send or receive SMS messages carrying control commands or the gathered data from sensors and, best of all, connect to the Internet using the GPRS network of your provider. As mentioned above, this board is designed with reliability in our minds, we want it to work in harsh enviroments and for you to be able to monitor and reset it automatically from your Arduino firmware. You have the features to power on and power off the GPRS modem just by toggling an Arduino’s board pin, you can monitor the modem’s power status and generate an interrupt on incoming call or SMS using the RING output. Last but not least the Simcom SIM900D module provider an internal Li-ion battery charger, so you can use an external battery to keep your shield online in all conditions.
- Based on SIMCom‘s SIM900D Module
- Quad-Band GSM 850 / EGSM900/ DCS1800 / PCS1900 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2 W @ 850 / 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800 / 1900MHz)
- Control via AT commands-multiplex ability according to GSM 7.10 Multiplexier Protocol
- Short Message Service – so that you can send small amounts of data over the network
- Embedded TCP/UDP stack – allows you to upload data to a web server
- SIM Card holder and External antenna
- Low power consumption – 1.0mA(sleep mode)
- Real time clock with backup capacitor.
- Battery header
- Audio header